Now first of all, I was excited to hear the word "muff" being used on Snow campus. But secondly, I was taken back by the sad story this guy shared. He was doing everything he could to try and get a date--just one dang date--with this female but she wouldn't do it. Now, this isn't what got me; it were the excuses she was using.
"Did you ask her out?" the friend asked the love-brother.
"Yeah, and she said yes. But then the next day she caught up with me and said something came up and she couldn't do it."
"So did you ask her out again?"
"Well," the love-brother sighed. "I did about a week later, but then she did the same thing the next day."
"Maybe she is just way busy on Fridays," the optimistic friend piped. "Go for it again."
"I did," the love-brother replied. "But then she called me that night and said she had a ton of homework. I think she doesn't want to go on a date with me man..."
Ooof. Gosh dang it anyway, man. All I gotta say is that dear four-letter word that fits this situation so perfectly: M-U-F-F. What the heck? Why can't people, on both genders, just be upfront and honest when it comes to going on a date with someone. A simple "Yes" with a follow-through would do or a simple "No." Let's stop beating around the bush.
We're definitely talking about this excuse-making on the show this Thursday. We've talked before about how to "veto" someone who is showing interest but whom you are not interested in, but apparently this needs to be revisited once again.
But speaking of muff, Jake rocked me last week. Logan... pfft. Who goes there to that devil school, anyway? Oh wait... I guess I am next fall. Blast! Jake always ruins everything and just like the saying, misery loves company. Goodness gracious.
Anyway, tune in this Thursday on the KAGE 89.5 FM or at http://www.snow.edu/kage from 8-10, where it's always True Badger Night.
Until then, go get 'em!



No comments:
Post a Comment