Oh my good gads. Get your hostility up in here. Dave and I thought we were bringing up a nice, innocent topic when we started talking about Valentine's Day — but I'll be a Cazier if we didn't get darn near lynched.
I'm probably exaggeratin', but maybe I ain't. Whatever the reaction, our findings about the Day of Love were startling. After surveying the Girl Community of Ephraim (Dave's fiancĂ©), we found out a lot of the reasons why the holiday is so loathed — frankly, some of them are downright understandable.
I don't anticipate to list all of our findings here (we'll talk about that on the show), but I do want to offer these guidelines to help you get the most of your Valentine’s Day experience:
1. Keep it between yourselves. There’s no need to go flaunt your gifts or your affection in public.
2. Keep it simple. Most people would probably prefer nice, sweet assurances without a huge display. Beware of spending over $50, but even that might be too high. Don’t overdo it!
3. As a general rule, if there’s no one that you’re really interested in (or that is really interested in you), it might not be a bad idea to ignore this Valentine’s Day (unless you and some friends decide to do a group thing together).
Happy smooches, and best o' luck this controversial season!
The Jake 'n Dave Show!
Your Snow College dating "experts."
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I totally agree with what has been said. As I have proudly calibrated Singles Awareness Day for as long as I can remember. We singles do not want to be reminded that we are alone. And frankly we do want to see it. We don't care if you have someone that you care about but for the love of all that is good keep it to your self.
ReplyDeleteRingo
I also totally agree. I am sick and tired of the whole Single Awareness thing. Let that special someone know that you like them, but, dang it, you don't flaunt your love to the whole world! It doesn't even have to be at all costly. Go on a specail date, do something together that you can keep in your memory forever. That's my advice. Take it or leave it.
ReplyDelete